- This event has passed.
Modern Day Slavery and Corporate Social Responsibility
March 17 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
This International webinar will focus on corporate social responsibility towards modern slavery vulnerability. You will hear about lived experience from the speakers and organization working with victims of modern slavery. We will also discuss about ongoing research and share practical guidance for businesses.
Awah Francisca Mbuli is a survivor of sex and labor trafficking. She is the founder of Survivors’ Network (SN), a Cameroonian based, female survivors led NGO that fights against all forms of human trafficking. SN rescues and provides temporary housing, psychosocial services, vocational training, and economic empowerment programs to victims of human trafficking and internally displaced women.
She advocates both with governments and the general population.
Awah has been recognized nationally and internationally by:
– 50 Most Influential Cameroonians
– Mo Ibrahim Foundation Now Generation Network Fellow
– Obama Africa Leader
– African dream Achievers Award
– US Trafficking in Persons Hero award
– Global Freedom Exchange
– Elkes Impact Award Inaugural class of 2021, By Free The Slaves Freedom From Slavery Forum
– Ambassador for the Freedom From Slavery Forum 2022-2023
– Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative
– Ashoka Fellow 2022
– Vital Voices Visionaries Fellowship 2022
– World of Difference Award 2022 for Economic Empowerment of Women.
Ms. Rhoda Harriet Khataba is an Executive director, Business Consultant and leadership Coach, keynote speaker, author, editor, producer, philanthropist, and influencer.
Ms. Khataba is the founder of the Her Story Matters organization, in London, U K, where she has dedicated more than ten years to the advocacy of social psychology. She is devoting her life to the mentorship and female leadership to help bring women’s equality throughout the world.